Make your own Cornish fudge at home
Craving a taste of Cornwall? We’ve got just the thing – our Cornish clotted cream fudge.
Not only is the recipe super simple (so great to make with the little ones on a rainy afternoon) but with Mother’s Day on the horizon, it also makes the perfect gift.
We like ours drizzled with a little white chocolate on top – but you can decorate however you please. In fact, the wackier the better we say!
25g of Cornish clotted cream
100g of golden syrup
225g of golden caster sugar
1 pinch of salt
Chocolate, sweets, or sprinkles to decorate (optional)
A large saucepan
An 18cm baking tin
A sugar thermometer
- Line an 18cm square tin with baking paper.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large saucepan and place over a medium heat.
- Cook for 15–20 minutes, stirring occasionally to stop the mixture from catching on the bottom of the pan.
- When the fudge reaches 116°C on a sugar thermometer, remove from the heat.
- Leave to cool slightly before beating with a wooden spoon until the mixture turns from shiny to matte.
- Spread out in the lined tin and cover with baking paper
- Transfer to the fridge for 1 hour to set.
- Decorate with drizzled chocolate (or other sweet things) before slicing into squares
Don’t forget to share your creations with us using #LoveTregenna on Instagram!