Tregenna Castle Resort environmental policy
We're big on sustainability and care about our environment, our local people, and our future. Our goal is to be as eco-friendly as possible, support local suppliers and communities wherever we can, and make sure we are doing everything in our power to preserve the planet for future generations.
Over the last few years, we've introduced new initiatives across the resort. And, back in 2020, we were awarded the Gold Green Tourism award for our commitment to sustainability.
How we're working towards a Tregreener future
As part of our commitment to sustainability, we have promised to:
- Communicate and display our environmental policy to all interested parties, including staff, guests, suppliers, contractors, appropriate authorities, local communities, and other organisations
- Source local produce within Cornwall
- Support local social community projects
- Continually improve our environmental performance in relation to its activities, products and services.
- Take all measures that are reasonably practicable to reduce waste at source
- Minimise waste by reusing and recycling furniture and soft furnishings wherever possible
- Recycle bottles, tins, cardboard, paper, copier toner, oil and strip lights
- Change plastic straws to biodegradable paper straws
- Demonstrate efficiency in the use of energy, water and natural resources through reduced consumption and the encouragement of energy efficiency throughout the business.
- Prevent pollution and comply with all applicable environmental legislation
- Ensure all staff complete an induction to environmental awareness course
- Encourage visitors not to flush inappropriate items.
- Dispose of final wastes by the most environmentally suitable means
- Encourage the use of public transport and encourage car drivers to leave their cars at the estate and advertise/encourage destinations within walking distance
- Continually improve our environmental performance
How you can help play a part
We all have a role to play in preserving our world for future generations. Here are just a few ways you can help us on our mission to go green:
- Conserve energy
You can make a difference by turning down the heating by just one degree. Close the window if the heating is on.
- Leave the car
Give the car a rest and try walking - we're only a 10-minute walk from town. Or, try using public transport. If you need to make a trip in the car, try car sharing.
Try to recycle any waste or packaging by using our recyclable bins located next to our badminton courts near the main car park.
- Be water-wise
Please use water wisely. Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth and adhere to other water-saving initiatives.
- Respect nature
Please respect our area of natural beauty. Use designated footpaths and cycleways.
Help prevent the unnecessary washing of towels. If you leave your towels in the bath/shower, we will gladly change them. If you leave your towels on the rail, we'll know that you are happy to reuse them.
Please do not flush anything other than toilet paper down the toilet. All other items should be placed in the bathroom bin.
Please turn your lights out when you are not in the room to help conserve power. If using chargers or any other equipment, please turn these off when not in use to avoid using unnecessary electricity.