Important Tregenna Guest Welcome Information
Before you arrive, it is imperative you read all the information provided in this Welcome Pack. This will give you all the information you need to ensure you are aware of the changes at our Resort during your stay and what you may need to bring with you.
Please be patient and kind to our team and other guests alike. The new ‘normal’ is different for everyone and we ask you be mindful that any changes that may be deemed inconvenient are solely in place for yours and our team’s safety which is our top priority.
Please remember to bring your facemasks. From Saturday 8th August they are mandatory in all public spaces in hotels. For us here at Tregenna this includes the corridor from both entrances, lobby and Reception. This doesn’t include our Brasserie, Lounge Bar or Restaurant.
Thank you for choosing Tregenna Castle Resort for your holiday. We want you to have complete peace of mind on what you can expect when you stay with us and the new measures, we are taking to reassure you that your safety is our priority.
Before travelling to us
For everyone’s safety we ask that you check for the following and do NOT travel if you have any of the following;
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
Or, if you live in a Tier 3 or Very High Covid area as the Government advice warns against travelling outside of the area.
If anyone in your party has any of the above symptoms, we ask you simply contact us and let us know and we can re-arrange your stay for another date. It is very important you do NOT travel.
Track & Trace
We are now complying with the Government directive that all guests who are on the resort, for any purpose, must supply a lead name and phone number for each party of people. For non-residents this information will be kept securely for the mandatory 21 days. For residents the information is stored in line with our usual practice of 7 years. No data is given/sold to third parties. Any guests who refuse to provide this information will be asked to leave the resort as this is law from 18th September 2020.
Online Check In
- We have an online check in system in place. Please see main email.
What to expect when you arrive
We ask that all guests arrive at the main security entrance. This includes those arriving by transport other than car. A member of our super friendly team will greet you at the entrance and give you a resort map and details of where to go next. Check in time is not until 16:00 for hotel guests and 17:00 for our Self-Catering guests. If staying in one of our Self-Catering Properties you will be advised via text message on the day of arrival when the property is available along with your key code.
Car parking is available in the following areas (please refer to the map for the closest one to your property or the hotel);
- The car park situated before the tennis courts on the left
- Disabled parking is available at the front of the hotel along the perimeter of the front lawn
- The left-hand side of the driveway that runs along the side of the hotel
- Designated spaces allocated for occupants of specific Self-Catering and Holiday Homes properties
- The main car park situated at the rear of the hotel.
Self-Catering Guests – Arrival
To reduce face-to-face contact, we are no longer asking our guests to come to reception to collect keys. Head straight to your property and you will find a key safe box next to the front door. Your code will be sent to you on the day of arrival, once your property is clean. This will be sent via text message so please ensure that we have a valid mobile number for you. Should your property require an alarm code, this will also be included within the text message.
Check in is guaranteed from 17:00 (apologies that we have had to extend this slightly, this is to allow for extra cleaning).
Please use your phone within your property to call us on ‘0’ or 01736 795 254, option 0, to let us know you have arrived.
Hotel guests – Arrival
All hotel guests are to check in at the main hotel reception. Social distancing measures will be in place and a member of our team will greet you behind glass screens where you will be given your sanitised key and any relevant information for your stay.
House Keeping Services
Before your stay, your accommodation will be serviced with professional grade disinfectant and a fogging machine – that kills 99.9% of known viruses before each stay. All our house-keeping team will be wearing appropriate PPE and any non-essential item will be removed to reduce areas of potential contamination. We will allow plenty of time between guest’s departures and arrivals and ask that on departure you open the windows to allow the air to circulate before our house-keeping team arrives.
Our linen supplier uses thermal disinfecting which is sufficient for killing any virus and is the standard process used for the laundry industry. The ironer process also operates at 170 degree Celsius and we are confident that our linen is safe for all guests.
We will unfortunately not be able to clean/service your property mid-stay. This is to protect you and our house-keeping team. Please contact Reception/Housekeeping if you require fresh towels or in room amenities or if you would like your bins emptied. We will be happy to help.
We will not be able to provide any spare bedding in the property unless it is requested prior to your arrival.
Before departure, we request that you open all windows and place all used bed linen and towels in the strong clear bags provided and sofa beds are left out for the team to clean and, if staying in self-catering, please lock the door and return the key to the key safe. If staying in the hotel, please check out as usual.
Any guests arriving with young children, will have to bring their own travel cot. Unfortunately, this is not something that we cannot provide at this time.
Our Brasserie and main restaurant are open however there are social distancing measures in place to ensure the safety of both guests and staff alike. The Brasserie & Lounge Bar will be open between 12:00 to 16:00 for drinks and lunch. They will be closed between 16:00 & 17:00 to allow for cleaning however food and drink may still be ordered via the “app” during this time. They will re-open for drinks only from 17:00 each day until 21:45 (Last orders). The bar & Brasserie must be vacated by 22:00 as required by law. Our Godrevy & Trelawney rooms along with outside areas will be available for dinner from 17:00. Pre-booking will be required. Dinner times will be available from 17:00 to 20:45. The “Rule of Six” applies so we are unable to accommodate requests for tables of 7+.
We have a lovely “app” to use on your smartphone/tablet to place your order, details of which will be on your table.
Alternatively, we will have a takeaway menu available which will be available to collect from our safe “Pick up point”. Just give us a call on 01736 791191 and we will be happy to assist.
Breakfast times will be between 08:00 to 10:30. There will be space for 30 guests in each half hour slot and guests can enjoy a maximum of 1 hour to eat. Please ensure that you arrive at the time that you have booked otherwise the time you will have to eat will be shortened.
This includes all guests who have breakfast included in their rate. For those that don’t, breakfast costs £12.95 per adult and half price for children up to and including 15 years of age.
Breakfast orders will be taken at your table by a member of our staff and bought to your table when ready.
All meals and drinks will be table service only and unfortunately, we cannot allow standing at the bar.
Maintenance Call Out Procedure
For any urgent maintenance issues, please call the Reception team and leave detail of the issue along with a contact phone number. A member of our maintenance team will then return your call between 09:00-17:00 to discuss. They will arrange a time to visit your property where it should be vacated by you. They will use suitable PPE equipment and they will thoroughly sanitise any areas that they have worked in.
We offer 72 acres of woodland and open space right on your doorstep, perfect for exploring or enjoying a picnic or sunbathe on the grounds. To ensure safety and social distancing measures are adhered to, here is what is available and the changes we have made to the Resort.
- All 18 holes of the golf course are open for you to enjoy. There is an additional charge of £15.00 per person for this facility.
- The Tennis courts are open and you can hire rackets and buy balls but we do encourage you bring your own if you can.
- Our Croquet lawn is available to use on a first come first serve basis and the equipment is available for free hire. Please contact reception.
- Table Tennis is available in our covered BBQ area, please contact reception for details.
- The Badminton court can be booked on an hourly basis, please contact reception for details.
- The heated outdoor pool is open until 31st October but is available on a time slot, first come first served basis. Please see below for more information.
- All other leisure facilities to include our indoor leisure facilities including the pool, hot tub, steam room, gym and squash courts etc remain closed at this time
- Relaxation and Beauty treatments at Castle Beauty will also remain closed until we are confident it is safe to re-open.
Additional Communal Safety Measures
- Clear and concise signage will help you understand the measures in place and markings on the ground will allow you to adhere to safe social distancing
- All staff will wear appropriate PPE and these will be disposed of appropriately and replaced following guidelines
- It is mandatory that our guests wear face coverings/masks if they enter indoor communal areas, except when eating and drinking.
- There are several touch points around the resort offering hand sanitiser and we encourage everyone to use them regularly
- We have increased disinfecting exposed surfaces such as door handles, card terminals and elevator buttons with anti-bacterial liquids and do so at regular intervals throughout the day using professional grade misting devices
- Where possible please communicate with us via telephone. Dial ‘0’ or ‘01736 795254’ from your property. We will do our very best to satisfy your request
Top Tips for a fantastic Holiday
- For self-catering guests, we recommend you do your grocery shop in your local store and bring your food shopping with you if possible. This will reduce the strain on our local supermarket key-workers and reduce lots of queuing time when you could be better off spending your holiday time relaxing in our grounds.
- Bring your own boardgames and DVD’s. We have had to remove non-essential items in your property/room but that doesn’t mean you cannot bring your own to take home with you again.
- We are unable to supply an iron & ironing board during your stay.
- Fancy a game of tennis? We encourage you to bring your own rackets and balls but where this is not possible, you will be able to hire rackets and purchase balls.
- Pre-book all the things you would like to do before you arrive. New policies mean that most restaurants, attractions etc. are pre-book only and have a reduced number of customers at any one time. Don’t miss out on your favourite day out!
- For those staying in Self-Catering properties, when departing, please lock the property and leave your key back in the key safe where you originally found it.
- Please leave windows open to ventilate the property.
- Please contact the hotel on 01736 795254, option 0 as soon as possible after departure so that we can task our housekeeping team with “fogging” and cleaning the property for the next guests.
- If staying in the hotel, please check out as usual at Reception.
After these months of lockdown and restrictions, we truly hope that you enjoy your stay at Tregenna. We are going through new processes just as you are so we please ask for your patience during your stay as we adapt how we work. We understand that frustration can occur but we cannot tolerate any abusive behaviour towards our staff and we may ask you to leave if that occurs.
Wifi Information – Tregenna Guest – Password is tregennaguest
Pedestrian Gate code for the gate at the bottom of the resort – 0144#
Outdoor Swimming Pool – Covid Operating Procedure
We are pleased to say that our outdoor swimming pool is available for you to pre-book a time slot for your stay. We are operating under strict rules so there are changes to how we typically operate.
There will be time slots of an hour each for you to pre-book and enjoy the pool. This will be strictly monitored and only those that have a booking will be allowed into the pool area. There will be no exceptions to this. This will be up to a maximum of 14 people.
The pool will be open between 09:00 to 16:30 each day (Last entry time) and will be available on a first come, first served basis. Unfortunately, you will be limited to one time slot per week to allow fair use for our guests. Extra slots may become available on the day. Please check with us.
Please contact Reception to reserve a time slot.
For further information on use of the pool, please see below.
- Swimming pool use is limited to 1 hour session per holiday bubble (Max of 12) per week subject to availability (Unless otherwise authorised) to be fair to others
- Arrive and depart promptly
- Guests must come already in their swim wear/gowns and provide their own towels, use own accommodation for changing and showers.
- Pool availability 09:00-16:30 (Last guests to leave pool by 17:30)
- We will keep 15 minutes clear between bookings to allow for cleaning and sanitising
- Masks are not advised in the pool as can become difficult to breathe through when wet
- A sanitise/ hand wash station will be available for regular use during the use of the pool
- Loungers have been removed and seating for 14 will only be available
- No food or drink to be consumed in the pool area
- Staff will be on site to supervise during each session.
- Social distancing is advised.
- Booking is essential and needs to be done at the main reception
- Sessions won’t be changed due to inclement weather
- Late arrivals will miss their session.
- There will be no toilet facilities available, guests will need to use their own accommodation.
We hope that you have an enjoyable time using our facilities.