Important Tregenna Guest Welcome Information
Before you arrive, it is imperative you read all the information provided in this Welcome Pack. This will give you all the information you need to ensure you are aware of the changes at our Resort during your stay and what you may need to bring with you.
Please be patient and kind to our team and other guests alike. The new ‘normal’ is different for everyone and we ask you be mindful that any changes that may be deemed inconvenient are solely in place for yours and our team’s safety which is our top priority.
Please remember to bring your facemasks. They are now mandatory in all public spaces in hotels. For us here at Tregenna this includes the corridor from both entrances, Lobby and Reception. This doesn’t include our Brasserie, Lounge Bar or Restaurant when seated but must be worn when moving, including visiting the toilet.
Thank you for choosing Tregenna Castle Resort for your holiday. We want you to have complete peace of mind on what you can expect when you stay with us and the new measures that we are taking to reassure you that your safety is our priority.
Before travelling to us
For everyone’s safety we ask that you check for the following and do NOT travel if you have any of the following;
• a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
• a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
• a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
If anyone in your party has any of the above symptoms, we ask you simply contact us and let us know and we can re-arrange your stay for another date. It is very important you do NOT travel.
Track & Trace
We are now complying with the Government directive that all guests who are on the resort, for any purpose, must supply a lead name and phone number for each party of people. For non-residents this information will be kept securely for the mandatory 21 days. For residents the information is stored in line with our usual practice of 7 years. No data is given/sold to third parties. Any guests who refuse to provide this information will be asked to leave the resort as this was law from 18th September 2020.
Online Check In
• We have an online check in system in place. Please see main email.
What to expect when you arrive
We ask that all guests arrive at the main security entrance. This includes those arriving by transport other than car. A member of our super friendly team will greet you at the entrance and give you a resort map and details of where to go next. Check in time is not until 17:00 for our Self-Catering guests (Unless advised that the property is ready earlier).
You will be advised via text message on the day of arrival when the property is available along with your key safe box code.
The main gate will be open and manned each day between 08:30 and 18:30 however outside these times the gate will be closed and an access code will be required. The code will be sent via text message on the day of arrival, along with your property key safe box code.
Car parking is available in the following areas (please refer to the map for the closest one to your property or the hotel);
• The car park situated before the tennis courts on the left
• Disabled parking is available at the front of the hotel along the perimeter of the front lawn
• The left-hand side of the driveway that runs along the side of the hotel
• Designated spaces allocated for occupants of specific Self-Catering and Holiday Homes properties
• The main car park situated at the rear of the hotel.
Self-Catering Guests – Arrival
To reduce face-to-face contact, we are no longer asking our guests to come to reception to collect keys. Head straight to your property and you will find a key safe box next to the front door. Your code will be sent to you on the day of arrival, once your property is clean. This will be sent via text message so please ensure that we have a valid mobile number for you. Should your property require an alarm code, this will also be included within the text message.
Check in is guaranteed from 17:00 (apologies that we have had to extend this slightly, this is to allow for extra cleaning).
Please use your phone within your property to call us on ‘0’ or 01736 795 254, option 0, to let us know you have arrived.
House Keeping Services
Before your stay, your accommodation will be serviced with professional grade disinfectant and a fogging machine – that kills 99.9% of known viruses before each stay. All our house-keeping team will be wearing appropriate PPE and any non-essential item will be removed to reduce areas of potential contamination. We will allow plenty of time between guest’s departures and arrivals and ask that on departure you open the windows to allow the air to circulate before our house-keeping team arrives.
Our linen supplier uses thermal disinfecting which is sufficient for killing any virus and is the standard process used for the laundry industry. The ironer process also operates at 170 degree Celsius and we are confident that our linen is safe for all guests.
We will unfortunately not be able to clean/service your property mid-stay. This is to protect you and our house-keeping team. Please contact Reception/Housekeeping if you require fresh towels or in room amenities or if you would like your bins emptied. We will be happy to help.
We will not be able to provide any spare bedding in the property unless it is requested prior to your arrival.
For guests staying in self-catering, please return the key to the key safe outside your property and let Reception know when you are leaving so the Housekeeping team can start the cleaning process.
Any guests arriving with young children, will have to bring their own travel cot. Unfortunately, this is not something that we cannot provide at this time.
Due to the Government restrictions, we are currently unable to offer any indoor food and drink options. We will be offering a takeaway and outdoor dining/drinking service (outdoor dining subject to the weather) which will be available Wednesday to Sunday inclusive between 13:00 and 20:00)
Menus are located in your property or on the “app” which will be detailed on your table.
The “rule of six” applies to all table reservations but there is no requirement for a substantial meal to enjoy a drink.
We are sorry to say that we are unable to offer breakfast.
We have a lovely “app” to use on your smartphone/tablet to place your order, details of which will be on your table.
Alternatively, we will have a takeaway menu available which will be available to collect from the Brasserie. Just give us a call on 01736 791191 and we will be happy to assist.
All meals and drinks will be table service only and unfortunately, we cannot allow standing at the bar or entry to the hotel with the exception of using the toilet facilities.
Maintenance Call Out Procedure
For any urgent maintenance issues, please call the Reception team and leave detail of the issue along with a contact phone number. A member of our maintenance team will then return your call between 09:00-17:00 to discuss. They will arrange a time to visit your property where it should be vacated by you. They will use suitable PPE equipment and they will thoroughly sanitise any areas that they have worked in.
We offer 72 acres of woodland and open space right on your doorstep, perfect for exploring or enjoying a picnic or relaxing on the grounds. To ensure safety and social distancing measures are adhered to, here is what is available and the changes we have made to the Resort.
• We have a slightly reduced number of holes available* (18 holes) on the golf course are open for you to enjoy. There is an additional charge of £15.00 per person for this facility. *Reduced due to Winter rain damage.
• The Tennis courts are open and you can hire rackets and buy balls but we do encourage you bring your own if you can. Please contact reception to book a time.
• Our Croquet lawn is available to use on a first come first serve basis and the equipment is available for free hire. Please contact reception.
• The outdoor pool is open but on a strict time slot basis only. This is limited to one slot per stay to allow as many guests the opportunity to swim as possible. There may be an opportunity on the day to swim again. Please contact Reception to make your booking.
• All other leisure facilities to include our indoor leisure facilities including the pool, hot tub, steam room, gym and squash courts etc remain closed at this time
• Relaxation and Beauty treatments at Castle Beauty will also remain closed until we are confident it is safe to re-open.
• The Woodland Walk throughout the resort is always available, please ensure you wear appropriate footwear.
Additional Communal Safety Measures
• Clear and concise signage will help you understand the measures in place and markings on the ground will allow you to adhere to safe social distancing
• All staff will wear appropriate PPE and these will be disposed of appropriately and replaced following guidelines
• It is mandatory that our guests wear face coverings/masks if they enter indoor communal areas.
• There are several touch points around the resort offering hand sanitiser and we encourage everyone to use them regularly
• We have increased disinfecting exposed surfaces such as door handles, card terminals and elevator buttons with anti-bacterial liquids and do so at regular intervals throughout the day using professional grade misting devices
• Where possible please communicate with us via telephone. Dial ‘0’ or ‘01736 795254’ from your property. We will do our very best to satisfy your request
Top Tips for a fantastic Holiday
• Bring your own boardgames and DVD’s. We have had to remove non-essential items in your property/room but that doesn’t mean you cannot bring your own to take home with you again.
• Fancy a game of tennis? We encourage you to bring your own rackets and balls but where this is not possible, you will be able to hire rackets and purchase balls.
• Pre-book all the things you would like to do before you arrive. New policies mean that most restaurants, attractions etc. are pre-book only and have a reduced number of customers at any one time. Don’t miss out on your favourite day out!
• For those staying in Self-Catering properties, when departing, please lock the property and leave your key back in the key safe where you originally found it.
• Please contact the hotel on 01736 795254, option 0 as soon as possible after departure so that we can task our housekeeping team with “fogging” and cleaning the property for the next guests.
After these months of lockdown and restrictions, we truly hope that you enjoy your stay at Tregenna. We are going through new processes just as you are so we please ask for your patience during your stay as we adapt how we work. We understand that frustration can occur but we cannot tolerate any abusive behaviour towards our staff and we may ask you to leave if that occurs.
Wifi Information – Tregenna Guest – Password is tregennaguest
Pedestrian Gate code for the gate at the bottom of the resort – 0144#
We hope that you have an enjoyable time using our facilities.
****G7 Summit Security****
We are pleased to be an official venue hosting the 2021 G7 Summit in Cornwall. As a result of this you may see an increased police presence in and around Tregenna. Please don’t be alarmed if you are asked questions.