Important Tregenna Guest Welcome Information
Before you arrive, it is imperative you read all the information provided in your Welcome Pack (attached). This will give you all the information you need to ensure you are aware of the changes at our Resort during your stay and what you may need to bring with you.
Please be patient and kind to our team and other guests alike. The new ‘normal’ is different for everyone and we ask you be mindful that any changes that may be deemed inconvenient are solely in place for yours and our teams safety which is our top priority.
Thank you for choosing Tregenna Castle Resort for your holiday. We want you to have complete peace of mind on what you can expect when you stay with us and the new measures we are taking to reassure you that your safety is our priority.
Before travelling to us
For everyone’s safety we ask that you check for the following and do NOT travel if you have any of the following;
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
If anyone in your party has any of the above symptoms, we ask you simply contact us and let us know and we can re-arrange your stay for another date. It is very important you do NOT travel.
Online Check In
- We have an online check in system in place. Please see main email.
What to expect when you arrive
We ask that all guests arrive at the main security entrance. This includes those arriving by transport other than car. A member of our super friendly team will greet you at the entrance and give you a resort map and details of where to go next. Check in time is not until 16:00 for hotel guests and 17:00 for our Self-Catering guests. If staying in one of our Self-Catering Properties you will be advised via text message on the day of arrival when the property is available along with your key code.
Car parking is available in the following areas (please refer to the map for the closest one to your property or the hotel);
- The car park situated before the tennis courts on the left
- Disabled parking is available at the front of the hotel along the perimeter of the front lawn
- The left hand side of the driveway that runs along the side of the hotel
- Designated spaces allocated for occupants of specific Self-Catering and Holiday Homes properties
- The main car park situated at the rear of the hotel.
Self-Catering Guests – Arrival
To reduce face-to-face contact, we are no longer asking our guests to come to reception to collect keys. Head straight to your property and you will find a key safe box next to the front door. Your code will be sent to you on the day of arrival, once your property is clean. This will be sent via text message so please ensure that we have a valid mobile number for you. Should your property require an alarm code, this will also be included within the text message.
Check in is guaranteed from 17:00 (apologies that we have had to extend this slightly, this is to allow for extra cleaning).
Please use your phone within your property to call us on ‘0’ or 01736 795 254 to let us know you have arrived.
Hotel guests – Arrival
All hotel guests are to check in at the main hotel reception. Social distancing measures will be in place and a member of our team will greet you behind glass screens where you will be given your sanitised key and any relevant information for your stay.
House Keeping Services
Before your stay, your accommodation will be serviced with professional grade disinfectant and a fogging machine – that kills 99.9% of known viruses before each stay. All our house-keeping team will be wearing appropriate PPE and any non-essential item will be removed to reduce areas of potential contamination. We will allow plenty of time between guest’s departures and arrivals and ask that on departure you open the windows to allow the air to circulate before our house-keeping team arrives.
Our linen supplier uses thermal disinfecting which is sufficient for killing any virus and is the standard process used for the laundry industry. The ironer process also operates at 170 degree Celsius and we are confident that our linen is safe for all guests.
We will unfortunately not be able to clean/service your property mid-stay. This is to protect you and our house-keeping team.
One pillow per person will be provided and we suggest guests bring their own if one is not enough. We will not be able to provide any spare bedding in the property unless it is requested prior to your arrival.
Before departure, we request that you place all used bed linen and towels in the strong clear bags provided and sofa beds are left out for the team to clean and, if staying in self-catering, your key is left on the kitchen worktop and the door left unlocked. If staying in the hotel, please check out as usual.
Any guests arriving with young children, will have to bring their own travel cot. Unfortunately, this is not something that we cannot provide at this time.
Our Brasserie and main restaurant are open however there are social distancing measures in place to ensure the safety of both guests and staff alike. The Brasserie & Lounge Bar will be open between 12:00 to 16:00 for drinks and lunch. They will be closed between 16:00 & 17:00 to allow for cleaning and they will re-open for drinks only from 17:00 each day until 23:00. Our Godrevy & Trelawney rooms along with outside areas will be available for dinner from 17:00. Pre-booking will be required. Dinner times will be available from 17:00 to 21:00.
We have a lovely app to use on your smartphone/tablet to place your order, details of which will be on your table.
Alternatively we will have a takeaway menu available which will be available to collect from our safe “Pick up point”. Just give us a call on 01736 791191 and we will be happy to assist.
Breakfast times will be between 08:00 to 11:00. There will be space for 30 guests in each half hour slot and guests can enjoy a maximum of 1 hour to eat. Please ensure that you arrive at the time that you have booked otherwise the time you will have to eat will be shortened.
This includes all guests who have breakfast included in their rate. For those that don’t, breakfast costs £12.95 per adult and half price for children up to and including 15 years of age.
Breakfast orders will be taken at your table by a member of our staff and bought to your table when ready.
All meals and drinks will be table service only.
Maintenance Call Out Procedure
For any urgent maintenance issues, please call the Reception team and leave detail of the issue along with a contact phone number. A member of our maintenance team will then return your call between 09:00-17:00 to discuss. They will arrange a time to visit your property where it should be vacated by you. They will use suitable PPE equipment and they will thoroughly sanitise any areas that they have worked in.
We offer 72 acres of woodland and open space right on your doorstep, perfect for exploring or enjoying a picnic or sunbathe on the grounds. To ensure safety and social distancing measures are adhered to, here is what is available and the changes we have made to the Resort.
- 10 holes of the golf course is re-open allowing the other 8 holes to be used as open space for picnics, exercise and relaxation and enjoying some good Cornish sea air.
- The Tennis courts are open and you can hire rackets and buy balls but we do encourage you bring your own if you can.
- Our Croquet lawn is available to use on a first come first serve basis and the equipment is available for free hire. Please contact reception.
- Table Tennis is available in our covered BBQ area, please contact reception for details.
- All other leisure facilities to include our indoor leisure facilities including the pool, hot tub, steam room, gym, badminton and squash courts etc remain closed at this time
- Relaxation and Beauty treatments at Castle Beauty will also remain closed until we are confident it is safe to re-open.
Additional Communal Safety Measures
- Clear and concise signage will help you understand the measures in place and markings on the ground will allow you to adhere to safe social distancing
- All staff will wear appropriate PPE and these will be disposed of appropriately and replaced following guidelines
- We recommend that our guests wear face coverings/masks if they enter indoor communal areas.
- There are several touch points around the resort offering hand sanitiser and we encourage everyone to use them regularly
- We have increased disinfecting exposed surfaces such as door handles, card terminals and elevator buttons with anti-bacterial liquids and do so at regular intervals throughout the day using professional grade misting devices
- Where possible please communicate with us via telephone. Dial ‘0’ or ‘01736 795254’ from your property. We will do our very best to satisfy your request
Top Tips for a fantastic Holiday
- For self-catering guests, we recommend you do your grocery shop in your local store and bring your food shopping with you if possible. This will reduce the strain on our local supermarket key-workers and reduce lots of queuing time when you could be better off spending your holiday time relaxing in our grounds.
- Bring your own boardgames and DVD’s. We have had to remove non-essential items in your property/room but that doesn’t mean you cannot bring your own to take home with you again.
- We are unable to supply an iron & ironing board during your stay.
- Fancy a game of tennis? We encourage you to bring your own rackets and balls but where this is not possible, you will be able to hire rackets and purchase balls.
- Pre-book all the things you would like to do before you arrive. New policies mean that most restaurants, attractions etc are pre-book only and have a reduced number of customers at any one time. Don’t miss out on your favourite day out!
- For those staying in Self-Catering properties, when departing, please lock the property and leave your key back in the key safe where you originally found it.
- Please leave windows open to ventilate the property.
- Please contact the hotel on 01736 795254 as soon as possible after departure so that we can task our housekeeping team with “fogging” and cleaning the property for the next guests.
- If staying in the hotel, please check out as usual at Reception.
After these months of lockdown and restrictions, we truly hope that you enjoy your stay at Tregenna. We are going through new processes just as you are so we please ask for your patience during your stay as we adapt how we work. We understand that frustration can occur but we cannot tolerate any abusive behaviour towards our staff and we may ask you to leave if that occurs.
Wifi Information – Tregenna Guest – Password is tregennaguest
Pedestrian Gate code for the gate at the bottom of the resort – 0144#
Outdoor Swimming Pool – Covid Operating Procedure
We are pleased to say that our outdoor swimming pool is available for you to pre-book a time slot for your stay. We are operating under strict rules so there are changes to how we typically operate.
There will be time slots of an hour each for you to pre-book and enjoy the pool. This will be strictly monitored and only those that have a booking will be allowed into the pool area. There will be no exceptions to this. This will be up to a maximum of 12 people and limited to those in a “Family bubble”
The pool will be open between 09:00 to 18:00 each day and will be available on a first come, first served basis. Unfortunately, you will be limited to one time slot per week to allow fair use for our guests.