Security at Tregenna Castle
Security at our resort
Safety on site
We take the safety and wellbeing of our guests, visitors and staff very seriously at Tregenna and have protocols in place to ensure you have a relaxing, enjoyable and safe stay.
These include and are not limited to:
- From the moment you arrive, you will get to know our friendly and experienced security personnel. Our entrance and exit operates a barrier system and is manned by our security team. They will assist you on the best place to park whether you are a self-catering, hotel or day visitor when you arrive.
- Our team are well versed to deal with all sorts of emergency situations and we have CCTV in operation in all public areas of the resort.
- There is good mobile phone and WiFi signal throughout the resort. Should you see anything of concern, no matter how minor you may think it is, please contact our 24-hour manned reception and let us know immediately.
- Regular patrols operate 24 hours a day within the hotel and externally across the resort.
- Our reception is manned 24 hours a day, every day.
- We ensure all fire exits and staircases are kept clear.
- Our housekeeping and wider team are trained to report any suspicious activity or people.
- Security records and logs are kept up to date.
- For female guests travelling alone, we carefully consider room allocation.
- We have a close partnership with local police and emergency services.
- We will not accept the storage of overnight luggage.
- All public areas of our resort are brightly lit.
- Drones cannot be operated anywhere at our site without prior permission, valid public liability insurance, flight plan, risk assessment and a copy of your drone licence. This is a legal requirement. For more information, please view our drone policy document.
We are playing a vital role in supporting Devon and Cornwall Police with Project Servator. We are working together to create a network of vigilance where the community is acting as the Police's extra eyes and ears with anything that doesn't feel quite right. Please take a look at the below link to find out more about this initiative and how you can assist in preventing criminal activity.
Whilst we can’t disclose certain procedures on our website in full, we want to let you know that our resort has a range of procedures and evacuations that are appropriate depending on the type and severity of the situation.