Our policies regarding COVID-19
Keeping you safe at Tregenna
Re-connect with loved ones in the knowledge that we will be keeping you safe
We want you to have complete peace of mind on what you can expect when you stay with us and the measures we are taking to reassure you that your safety is our priority.
At times, our staff may need to self-isolate which could suddenly reduce our workforce. This may mean that certain facilities will temporary close at short notice and availability within our restaurant will reduce in capacity.
Please respect our safety decisions and policies. We are here for you to enjoy our services but please be kind, patient and understanding with the measures Tregenna, local businesses and restaurants in St Ives continue to have in place.
A safe stay...
Although many rules will be no longer applicable/enforceable from July 19th, some facilities will remain closed for 2021 to ensure we keep our team and guests as safe as possible. For more information about available facilities, please see below.
Our open resort facilities
We have a huge choice of hotel accommodation and over 50 self catering properties to choose from. All our self catering properties are spaciously located in 72 acres of woodland and large open spaces.
- Our golf course is open to residents and non residents. Please pay at the Leisure Reception. We encourage the use of a face covering when entering the building. (£15 per person).
- Our tennis courts are open. We encourage you to bring your own equipment or you can purchase balls and hired rackets will be disinfected after each use. For non-residents there is a charge of £10 to hire the court for one hour. This is subject to availability and must be pre-booked.
- The Badminton courts are open. For non-residents there is a charge of £8 to hire the court for one hour. Please book in advance.
- The Brasserie and Restaurants are open for indoor dining. Our bar will be open until 11pm (last orders at 10pm) and you can view our restaurant opening times here.
- Takeaway food options are available for residents of the Resort. Due to staff shortages, we are unable to offer room service.
- The outdoor pool is now closed for Autumn/winter and will reopen again in May 2022.
- The indoor pool is open and the usual maximum capacity applies. For non residents - Adults - £7.00, Children (3-16 years) - £3.50, under 3's - Free.
- The small studio gym is open daily from 9am - 6pm for residents only.
- For the safety of our team, Castle Beauty will also remain closed for the remainder of 2021 and we look forward to offering beauty and treatments in 2022. Thank you for your understanding.
Flexible booking terms
We are offering flexible booking terms, so if your holiday doesn’t take place because of the ongoing Covid-19 developments, we can move your holiday to another date in the future or cancel your holiday free of charge 48hrs prior to arrival.
Before you travel
For everyone’s safety we ask that you check for the following and do NOT travel if any of the following apply;
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
What to expect when you arrive
We ask that all guests arrive at the main security entrance. This includes those arriving by transport other than car. A member of our super friendly team will greet you at the entrance and let you know where to go next.
We will continue to encourage wearing a face covering inside. This will reduce your risk and the risk to others, where you come into contact with people you don’t normally meet in enclosed and crowded spaces.
For convenience, head straight to your property on arrival and you will find a key safe box next to the front door. Your code will have been sent to you via text on the day of arrival after your property has been serviced. Please use your phone within your property to call us on ‘0’ or 01736 795 254 to let us know you have arrived safely.
Please head to the hotels main reception on arrival. A member of our team will greet you behind perspex glass and you will be given your room key and any relevant information. We encourage wearing a face covering. This will reduce your risk and the risk to others, where you come into contact with people you don’t normally meet in enclosed and crowded spaces.
Enhanced cleaning procedures
Before your stay, your accommodation/room will be serviced with Tersano - nature's most powerful cleaner. Tersano replaces traditional chemical cleaners, deodorisers and sanitisers and is proven to be 99.9% effective at eliminating enveloped viruses like Covid-19 within 60 seconds of contact time.
More information about Tersano SA024....
- Cuts chemical usage
- Reduces plastic waste
- Quickly kills viruses and bacteria including Covid-19
- Better for the environment - After 24 hours SA024 converts back to water and oxygen
- No more shipping bottles of chemicals from suppliers.
- No more single use plastic
- No more pouring chemicals down the drain
- Safer for our team and our guests. - No toxins, Carcinogens, chemical residue. Non - irritant, non caustic and no allergy concerns.
We will allow plenty of time between guests departures and arrivals and ask that on departure you open the windows to allow the air to circulate before our house-keeping team arrives.
Our linen supplier uses thermal disinfecting which is sufficient for killing any virus and is the standard process used for the laundry industry.
The ironer process also operates at 170 degree Celsius and we are confident that our linen is safe for all guests.
We will unfortunately not be able to clean/service your property/room mid-stay. This is to protect you and our house-keeping team.
At departure, we request that you place all used bed linen and towels in the strong clear bags provided.
Dining and takeaway
Our Head Chef and fabulous kitchen team will be providing you with signature Cornish dishes in our Brasserie and Restaurant.
We also offer a delicious menu through our takeaway service using our new App or by telephone for staying guests. We also politely ask that if you are a self catering guest to bring your 'holiday food shop' with you from your home-town supermarket to reduce the strain on local supermarkets.
Due to the challenges the hospitality industry is currently facing, we may at times have to limit the number of diners we can serve per sitting at our restaurant/Brasserie.
For your safety our team are required to have a negative lateral flow test before commencing work each day, and at times, our staff may need to self-isolate which could suddenly reduce our workforce.
We encourage you to pre-plan your stay at Tregenna and book a reservation with us or locally with plenty of notice. Please be considerate of our team who are working very hard with a reduced number of the team.
Please be aware that staying at the Resort doesn’t guarantee a table at our restaurant/Brasserie and pre-booking is absolutely essential. If our restaurant is at capacity, we cannot take any further reservations.
Thank you for your understanding.
View our sample menus
Additional communal safety measures
- Perspex glass has been placed in areas such as reception and food takeaway pick up points to protect everyone from unnecessary contact
- Clear and concise signage will help you understand the measures in place
- There are several touch points around the resort offering hand sanitiser and we encourage everyone to use them regularly
- We have increased disinfecting exposed surfaces such as door handles, card terminals and elevator buttons with anti-bacterial liquids and do so at regular intervals throughout the day.
- Where possible please communicate with us via telephone. Dial ‘0’ or ‘01736 795254’ from your property. We will do our very best to satisfy your request
Our communication will remain open and honest throughout your Tregenna experience. From the moment you book, you can be assured that you are a valued guest and we look forward to welcoming you into a safe, relaxing environment.
We ask that one member from each family has the Track and Trace App on their phone and that you follow the correct protocols during your stay. We encourage that you use the telephone/technology to contact us during your stay to avoid face-to-face contact wherever possible.
Top tips and useful information
- We recommend you do your grocery shop in your local store and bring your food shopping with you if possible. This will reduce the strain on our local supermarket key-workers and reduce lots of queuing time when you could be better off spending your holiday time relaxing in our grounds.
- We cannot provide travel cots for your young children at this time, so please bring your own
- Pre-book all the things you would like to do before you arrive. New policies mean that most restaurants, attractions etc are pre-book only and will have a reduced number of customers at any one time. This is due to safety and potential staff shortages due to self isolation measures in place. Don’t miss out on your favourite day out!