Our Re-Opening Plan
Keeping you Safe at Tregenna
Re-connect with loved ones in the knowledge that we will be keeping you safe
We want you to have complete peace of mind on what you can expect when you stay with us and the measures we are taking to reassure you that your safety is our priority.
Following the government advice, we will reopen for self catering stays at our Resort from the 4th July 2020 and hotel accommodation will be available for stays from the 13 July 2020. We will be adopting a new method of operational practice and efficiency to protect the health of all of our guests and staff.
We will be sure to inform you of any further developments going forward in regards to re-opening the rest of our Resort to include events and functions, indoor leisure facilities and beauty treatments as and when the government guidelines evolve.
What To Expect
Our Open Resort Facilities
We have a huge choice of hotel accommodation and over 50 self catering properties to choose from. All our self catering properties are spaciously located in 72 acres of woodland and large open spaces and at this time will be available for our residents only. This means you will have plenty of space to explore, sunbathe, relax and picnic without the need to even leave the Resort if you didn't want to. Many properties and rooms have sea views too! If you do want to venture, we are just a short walk from the many stunning beaches and St. Ives town.
To ensure safety and social distancing measures are adhered to, here are the facilities available at our Resort from the 4th July. (This will evolve as guidelines are updated and this page will be amended when any changes are made).
- 10 holes of the golf course is re-open allowing the other 8 holes to be used as open space for picnics, relaxation and enjoying some good Cornish sea air
- Our tennis courts are re-open. We encourage you to bring your own equipment or you can purchase balls and hired rackets will be disinfected after each use
- Our Croquet lawn is available to use on a first come first serve basis. Please bring your own equipment
- Our indoor leisure facilities including the pool, hot tub, steam room, gym, badminton and squash courts remain closed. Our outdoor pool also remains closed.
- Relaxation and beauty treatments at Castle Beauty will also remain closed until we are confident it is safe to re-open.
- Brasserie and Restaurant remain closed for now but a takeaway and delivery service will be provided (please see below).
Flexible Booking Terms
We are offering flexible booking terms, so if your holiday doesn’t take place because of the ongoing Covid19 developments, we can move your holiday to another date in the future or cancel your holiday free of charge 48hrs prior to arrival.
Before You Travel
For everyone’s safety we ask that you check for the following and do NOT travel if you have any of the following;
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
If anyone in your party has any of the above symptoms, we ask you simply contact us and let us know and we can re-arrange your stay for another date. It is very important you do NOT travel.
What To Expect When You Arrive
We ask that all guests arrive at the main security entrance. This includes those arriving by transport other than car. A member of our super friendly team will greet you at the entrance and let you know where to go next.
Self Catering Guests
To reduce face-to-face contact, we are no longer asking our self catering guests to come to reception to collect keys. Head straight to your property and you will find a key safe box next to the front door. Your code will have been sent to you via text on the day of arrival after your property has been serviced. Please use your phone within your property to call us on ‘0’ or 01736 795 254 to let us know you have arrived safely.
Please head to the hotels main reception on arrival where social distancing measures will be in place. A member of our team will greet you behind perspex glass and you will be given your room key and any relevant information.
Enhanced Cleaning Procedures
Before your stay, your accommodation/room will be serviced with a professional grade disinfectant and a fogging machine – that kills 99.9% of known viruses before each stay. All our house-keeping team will be wearing appropriate PPE and any non-essential item will be removed to reduce areas of potential contamination. We will allow plenty of time between guests departures and arrivals and ask that on departure you open the windows to allow the air to circulate before our house-keeping team arrives.
Our linen supplier uses thermal disinfecting which is sufficient for killing any virus and is the standard process used for the laundry industry.
The ironer process also operates at 170 degree Celsius and we are confident that our linen is safe for all guests.
We will unfortunately not be able to clean/service your property/room mid-stay. This is to protect you and our house-keeping team.
One pillow per person will be provided and we suggest guests bring their own if one is not enough. We will not be able to provide any spare bedding in the property unless it is requested prior to your arrival.
Any guests arriving with young children, will have to bring their own travel cot. This is unfortunately not something we can provide at this time.
At departure, we request that you place all used bed linen and towels in the strong clear bags provided.
Food Delivery and Takeaway Service
Although our restaurant won’t open immediately, our Head Chef and fabulous kitchen team will be providing you with signature Cornish dishes straight to your door or through our takeaway service using our new App or by telephone. We also politely ask that you bring your 'holiday food shop' with you from your home town supermarket to reduce the strain on local supermarkets.
Additional Communal Safety Measures
- Perspex glass has been placed in areas such as reception and food takeaway pick up points to protect everyone from unnecessary contact
- Clear and concise signage will help you understand the measures in place and markings on the ground will allow you to adhere to safe social distancing
- All staff will wear appropriate PPE and these will be disposed of appropriately and replaced following guidelines
- We recommend that our guests wear face coverings/masks if they enter indoor communal areas
- We request that all payments are contactless. To assist in this policy, you are encouraged to open a property credit account once at the resort
- There are several touch points around the resort offering hand sanitiser and we encourage everyone to use them regularly
- We have increased disinfecting exposed surfaces such as door handles, card terminals and elevator buttons with anti-bacterial liquids and do so at regular intervals throughout the day using professional grade misting devices
- Where possible please communicate with us via telephone. Dial ‘0’ or ‘01736 795254’ from your property. We will do our very best to satisfy your request
Our communication will remain open and honest throughout your Tregenna experience. From the moment you book, you can be assured that you are a valued guest and we look forward to welcoming you into a safe, relaxing environment.
We ask that one member from each family has the Track and Trace App on their phone and that you follow the correct protocols during your stay. We encourage that you use the telephone/technology to contact us during your stay to avoid face-to-face contact wherever possible.
Top Tips and Useful Information
- We recommend you do your grocery shop in your local store and bring your food shopping with you if possible. This will reduce the strain on our local supermarket key-workers and reduce lots of queuing time when you could be better off spending your holiday time relaxing in our grounds.
- Bring your own boardgames and DVD’s. We have had to remove non-essential items in your property but that doesn’t mean you cannot bring your own to take home with you again.
- We cannot provide travel cots for your young children at this time, so please bring your own
- Only one pillow per person will be available so please bring your own if you prefer more
- Bring all of your own sports equipment. Fancy a game of tennis? We’ve got the courts, you just need to provide the rackets and balls.
- Pre-book all the things you would like to do before you arrive. New policies mean that most restaurants, attractions etc are pre-book only at the moment and have a reduced number of customers at any one time. Don’t miss out on your favourite day out!