Guest Welcome Information
Important Tregenna Guest Welcome Information
Before you arrive, it is imperative you read all the information provided in this Welcome Pack. This will give you all the information you need to ensure you are aware of the changes at our Resort during your stay and what you may need to bring with you.
Please be patient and kind to our team and other guests alike. Please respect our safety decisions and policies. We are here for you to enjoy our services but please be kind, patient and understanding with the measures we, at Tregenna, local businesses and restaurants in St Ives continue to have in place.
Please remember to bring your facemasks. Although they are not mandatory, we would like to encourage you to wear them when inside to reduce the risk to others. This is each individual’s personal choice.
Thank you for choosing Tregenna Castle Resort for your holiday. We want you to have complete peace of mind on what you can expect when you stay with us and the new measures that we are taking to reassure you that your safety is our priority.
Before travelling to us
For everyone’s safety we ask that you check for the following and do NOT travel if you have any of the following;
• a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
• a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
• a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
• You have been “pinged” by Test & Trace.
If anyone in your party has any of the above symptoms, we ask you simply contact us and let us know and we can re-arrange your stay for another date. It is very important you do NOT travel.
Track & Trace
The rules from 19th July mean that guests do not have to check in to venues however we are keeping the option for those that wish to maintain a Track & Trace presence.
Online Check In
• We have an online check in system in place. Please see main email.
What to expect when you arrive
We ask that all guests arrive at the main security entrance. This includes those arriving by transport other than car. A member of our super friendly team will greet you at the entrance and give you a resort map and details of where to go next. Check in time is 15:00 for hotel guests and 16:00 for our Self-Catering guests. If staying in one of our Self-Catering Properties you will be advised via text message on the day of arrival when the property is available along with your key safe box code.
Car parking is available in the following areas (please refer to the map for the closest one to your property or the hotel);
• The car park situated before the tennis courts on the left
• Disabled parking is available at the front of the hotel along the perimeter of the front lawn
• The left-hand side of the driveway that runs along the side of the hotel
• Designated spaces allocated for occupants of specific Self-Catering and Holiday Homes properties
• The main car park situated at the rear of the hotel.
Self-Catering Guests – Arrival
We are continuing our successful remote check in process. Head straight to your property and you will find a key safe box next to the front door. Your code will be sent to you on the day of arrival, once your property is clean. This will be sent via text message so please ensure that we have a valid mobile number for you. Should your property require an alarm code, this will also be included within the text message.
Check in is guaranteed from 16:00
Please use your phone within your property to call us on ‘0’ or 01736 795 254, option 0, to let us know you have arrived.
Hotel guests – Arrival
All hotel guests are to check in at the main hotel reception. Social distancing measures will be in place and a member of our team will greet you behind glass screens where you will be given your sanitised key and any relevant information for your stay.
House Keeping Services
Before your stay, your accommodation will be serviced with professional grade disinfectant and a fogging machine – that kills 99.9% of known viruses before each stay. All our house-keeping team will be wearing appropriate PPE. We will allow plenty of time between guest’s departures and arrivals and ask that on departure you open the windows to allow the air to circulate before our house-keeping team arrives.
Due to acute staffing shortages, we will unfortunately not be able to clean/service your property mid-stay. Please contact Reception/Housekeeping if you require fresh towels or in room amenities or if you would like your bins emptied. We will be happy to help. We do apologise for this inconvenience.
For guests staying in self-catering, please return the key to the key safe outside your property and let Reception know when you are leaving so the Housekeeping team can start the cleaning process.
For hotel guests, please check out at Reception as usual.
Our Brasserie & Lounge Bar will be open between 10:00 to 23:00 for drinks with lunch being served between 12:00 and 17:00. Food and drink may also be ordered via the “app” during this time and this includes our outside areas. Details of this are on the tables, both inside and outside.
The Brasserie will be available for dinner, served from 17:00 with last orders at 21:00. Pre-booking is advised however we will try to accommodate walk-in reservations where possible.
Alternatively, we will have a takeaway menu available which will be available to collect from the Brasserie. Just give us a call on 01736 791191 and we will be happy to assist.
Cancellations – Due to a large number of guests not arriving for their reservations and other guests being turned away, a charge of £10.00 per person will be applied to your room bill in the case of a no-show or late cancellation. Cancellations can be made up to 14:00 on each day without charge.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your cancellation.
Breakfast times will be between 07:45 to 10:00 and we have reverted to the much loved, buffet service. We are taking timed bookings for breakfast so that numbers can be managed comfortably and so that no queuing occurs.
For those that don’t have breakfast included in their rate, breakfast costs £12.95 per adult and half price for children up to and including 15 years of age.
Maintenance Call Out Procedure
For any urgent maintenance issues, please call the Reception team and leave detail of the issue along with a contact phone number. A member of our maintenance team will then visit your room/property to endeavour to rectify the issue.
We offer 72 acres of woodland and open space right on your doorstep, perfect for exploring or enjoying a picnic or sunbathe on the grounds.
• We have 18 holes of the golf course are open for you to enjoy. There is an additional charge of £15.00 per person for using this facility.
• Our indoor pool is open – The swimming pool is limited by capacity (by Cornwall Council) and if it is full then we cannot allow any more swimmers. We are recommending a maximum of an hour swimming each time to allow others to swim. Please head to the Leisure Centre on the lower ground floor to swim. No bookings are needed.
Please note that the outdoor pool is seasonal and is now closed.
• The gym is available for use and is open from 9am to 6pm. An induction form will need to be completed before use.
• The Tennis courts are open and you can hire rackets and balls but we do encourage you bring your own if you can.
• Our Croquet lawn is available to use on a first come first serve basis and the equipment is available for free hire. Please contact reception.
• Table Tennis is located in the children’s play area.
• The Badminton court can be booked on an hourly basis, please contact reception for details.
• All other indoor leisure facilities including the sauna & steam room (which no longer exist) & Castle Beauty remain closed at this time
• The Woodland Walk throughout the resort is always available, please ensure you wear appropriate footwear.
Additional Communal Safety Measures
• Clear and concise signage will help you understand the measures in place and markings on the ground will allow you to adhere to safe social distancing
• All staff will wear continue to do daily lateral flow tests and wear PPE if they so choose.
• There are several touch points around the resort offering hand sanitiser and we encourage everyone to use them regularly
• Our enhanced public area cleaning will continue, increasing disinfecting exposed surfaces such as door handles, card terminals and elevator buttons with anti-bacterial liquids and do so at regular intervals throughout the day using professional grade misting devices
• Where possible please communicate with us via telephone. Dial ‘0’ or ‘01736 795254’ from your property. We will do our very best to satisfy your request
Top Tips for a fantastic Holiday
• Pre-book all the things you would like to do before you arrive. New policies mean that most restaurants, attractions etc. are pre-book only and have a reduced number of customers at any one time. Don’t miss out on your favourite day out!
• Please remember to be kind to those working hard to provide a memorable holiday. We are still working with some restrictions in place and there may be occasions, due to staff shortages, where we cannot offer everything that we would like to do so.
• For those staying in Self-Catering properties, when departing, please lock the property and leave your key back in the key safe where you originally found it.
• Please contact the hotel on 01736 795254, option 0 as soon as possible after departure so that we can task our housekeeping team with “fogging” and cleaning the property for the next guests.
• If staying in the hotel, please check out as usual at Reception.
After these months of lockdown and restrictions, we truly hope that you enjoy your stay at Tregenna. We are acutely aware that Covid is still and will continue to be a presence so we please ask for your patience during your stay as we adapt how we work. We understand that frustration can occur but we cannot tolerate any abusive behaviour towards our staff and we may ask you to leave if that occurs.
Wifi Information – Tregenna Guest – Password is tregennaguest
Pedestrian Gate code for the gate at the bottom of the resort – 0144 (arrow)
Pedestrian Gate code for Belyars Lane - 3042
We hope that you have an enjoyable time using our facilities.
As seen on TV – how many of these Cornish filming hotspots have you visited?
16 February 2021
As seen on TV – how many of these Cornish filming hotspots have you visited? Like it or not, lockdown has left most of us glued to our screens over the last few weeks. And while it may seem like some of our favourite blockbusters, …
Attractions in Cornwall that are open throughout the winter
14 December 2020
There are plenty of reasons why Cornwall is wonderful in winter. Deserted beaches, piping hot pasties, and brisk morning walks that are guaranteed to blow away the cobwebs. The county’s top attractions also happen to be a little quieter too. …
Food and drink
The best places in St Ives for warming winter food
14 December 2020
From fish and chips to hot chocolate… Cornwall is a foodie’s paradise. And let’s face it, when the weather gets colder, there’s nothing more wonderful than tucking into some delicious fish and chips, a piping hot pasty, or a hot chocolate with …