Here at Tregenna Castle, we take our commitment to the environment extremely seriously. We are deeply committed to a policy of sound and responsible environmental management, leading to a sustainable use of resources and waste management.
The hotel undertakes that it will:
- Communicate and display our Environmental Policy to all interested parties, including staff, guests, suppliers, contractors, appropriate authorities, local communities and other organisations.
- Source local produce within Cornwall.
- Support local social community projects.
- Continually improve our environmental performance in relation to its activities, products and services.
- Take all measures that are reasonably practicable to reduce waste at source.
- Minimise waste by re-using and recycling furniture and soft furnishings wherever possible.
- Recycle bottles, tins, cardboard, paper, copier toner, oil and strip lights.
- Changing plastic straws to biodegradable paper straws.
- Demonstrate efficiency in the use of energy, water and natural resources through reduced consumption and the encouragement of energy efficiency throughout the business.
- Endeavour to prevent pollution and comply with all applicable environmental legislation as a minimum standard.
- Staff completing an induction to Environmental Awareness course.
- Don't flush it awareness campaign- encourage visitors not to flush inappropiate items.
- Dispose of final wastes by the most environmentally suitable means.
- Encourage the use of public transport and encourage car drivers to leave their cars at the estate and advertise/encourage destinations within walking distance.
- Continually improve our environmental performance.
How you, our guest can help...
Conserve Energy – You can make a difference by turning down the heating by just one degree. Close the window if the heating is on and remember to switch off lights and appliances whenever you leave the room/property.
Leave The Car - Give the car a rest. Try walking (we're only a 10 minute walk from town and the hill is excellent excercise) or try using public transport. If you need to make a trip in the car, try car sharing.
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - Try to recycle any waste or packaging by using our recyclable bins located next to our Badminton courts near the main car park
Be Water Wise - Please use water wisely. Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth and adhere to our towel policy or other water saving initiatives.
Respect Nature - Please respect our area of natural beauty. Use designated footpaths and cycle ways.
Local Produce – Our menus contain local, sustainable and organic produce; why not eat from one of our tempting menus?