Here at Tregenna Castle we take our commitment to the environment extremely seriously. We are deeply committed to a policy of sound and responsible environmental management, leading to a sustainable use of resources and waste management.
The hotel undertakes that it will:-
- Communicate and display our Environmental Policy to all interested parties, including staff, guests, suppliers, contractors, appropriate authorities, local communities and other organisations.
- Source local produce where available.
- Continually improve our environmental performance in relation to its activities, products and services.
- Take all measures that are reasonably practicable to reduce waste at source.
- Minimise waste by re-using and recycling furniture and soft furnishings wherever possible.
- Recycle bottles, tins, cardboard, paper, copier toner, oil and strip lights,
- Demonstrate efficiency in the use of energy, water and natural resources through reduced consumption and the encouragement of energy efficiency throughout the business.
- Endeavour to prevent pollution and comply with all applicable environmental legislation as a minimum standard.
- Train staff to be aware of relevant environmental issues that effect their activities and the benefits of improved environmental performance.
- Dispose of final wastes by the most environmentally suitable means.
- Encourage the use of public transport and encourage car drivers to leave their cars at the estate and advertise/encourage destinations within walking distance.
- Continually improve our environmental performance.