Vacancies at Tregenna Castle Resort
We pride ourselves on our service and are always seeking enthusiastic, friendly professionals to join our team. Excellent communication skills, smart presentation, and high levels of motivation are a must. For everything else, simply click on a vacancy title below for more information. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Join the Tregenna team
- Food and Beverage Staff
Tregenna Castle Resort in St Ives, Cornwall, are looking for Food and Beverage Staff. Reporting to the F&B Manager.
Summary of position held:
Up to 40 hours per week including weekends and bank holidays. Varying shifts to meet the
needs of the Hotel during busy periods.
To assist with the smooth and efficient operation and running of the Restaurant and Bars
To serve customers with drinks from the bars and have good knowledge of wines to be able
to serve wine to guests at the tables
Open the public bars for dinner, weddings and any other functions in accordance with the
weekly business list
To set up the bars including slicing lemons, filling ice buckets etc
To set up tables for dinner and functions and to constantly clear away any used glasses or
crockery etc keeping the Restaurant and Bars clutter free at all times
Using the till and handling monies
Use of the glass wash machine
Changing Kegs, Real Ales and Gases when necessary
Re-stocking fridges at the end of the evening
Emptying of bottle bins in the recycling area outside the Hotel
To ensure all spillages and mistakes are recorded on the wastage sheets
To ensure front and back counters in all public bars, all floors, drip trays and bottle top trays
are cleaned to a high standard at all times
Have a great sense of humour
Be a good communicator with our guests and your fellow employees alike
To make sure that our guests are looked after in all areas
Please send your application to Recruitment@tregenna-castle.co.uk or post to;
Tregenna Castle Hotel,
We look forward to hearing from you!
Tregenna Castle Hotel is an equal opportunities employer. This means that we will treat every employee with dignity and respect. We strive to be fair and just. We always endeavour to select and retain the best qualified individuals based upon job-related qualifications and regardless of race, colour, creed, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, pregnancy, sexual preference or political opinion.
- Reception & Reservations
Tregenna Castle Resort in St Ives Cornwall are seeking an experienced, professional and enthusiastic Hotel Receptionist.
Previous experience is essential and experience with Hotel Perfect an advantage, but full training will be given.
Evening and weekend shifts are required, and your own transport is essential. Shifts are between 7am and 10pm.
Uniform and Staff meals are provided, and a range of staff discounts on Food, Accommodation, Leisure Facilities and Beauty Treatments are available year round.
The role involves front desk duties, as well as back office reservations shifts and is as follows:
Up to 40 hours per week including weekdays, weekends and bank holidays of varying shifts or to work a flexible shift pattern to meet with the needs of the Hotel particularly during busy periods.
• Greeting all guests on their arrival and acting in a professional manner whilst on the front desk.
• Dealing with any customer queries at the front desk or on the phone.
• Checking guests in and out of the Hotel and self-catering properties.
• Generally ensuring the continued cleanliness of the front desk.
• Writing out arrival cards ready for Hotel guests on check in.
• Answering the phone in a professional manner and transferring any calls to the correct department.
• Ordering newspapers and ensuring they are ready for when guests come to collect them.
• Booking Beauty appointments and ensuring they are put in the diary.
• Processing charges and payments for hotel, self-catering, functions, etc.
• Booking lunches and dinners and ensuring they are put into the Restaurant diary.
• To undertake any relevant staff training deemed appropriate.
• To be vigilant at all times and report any incidents immediately to the Reception and Reservations Manager or Duty Manager.
• To ensure you are dressed in the correct uniform at all times and kept clean, tidy and presentable.
If you would like to join our friendly team, we'd love to hear from you!