We are looking for a sous chef to join our dedicated and passionate team.
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Executive Head Chef, the Sous Chef will assist in the day to day supervision and leadership of the Kitchen ensuring at all times ensuring the team operates effectively, preparing and; presenting food to the highest possible standards.
In the absence of the Head Chef, the Sous will manage the day to day operations of the Kitchen team. It is anticipated that the position of Sous Chef will be undertaken over five working days out of seven and that the minimum hours of work will be 40 within each working week. A flexible approach to work is required as the Company operates a variety of shift patterns to suit the needs and demands of the business as well as the operational; efficiency of the kitchen. Additional hours of work and days of availability may be required during peak times and to cover staff shortage or sickness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Executive Head Chef and kitchen team to maintain high standards in the quality of food both as to its preparation and its presentation
- Work in all areas of the kitchen depending on the daily needs of the Head Chef
- Ensure that at all times food items for the restaurant are prepared on time and meet both quality and quantity standards
- Observe all Company Food Hygiene and Health & Safety Policy
- In conjunction with the Head Chef order goods to ensure the kitchen is fully stocked
- Ensure freshness and suitability of all products used and that they are stored properly.
- Assist the Head Chef to check the completeness of all suppliers’ deliveries and the correctness of their delivery notes and invoices
- o Ensure that cost control policies and procedures are followed
- Ensure that the Kitchen teams carry out the correct cleaning practices as agreed by the Manager and Head Chef in all areas.
- Reports any equipment in the Kitchen which needs repair or maintenance
- Establish and maintain effective Supplier relations as well as strong internal relations with Department Heads and Management.
- Inform on a daily basis the Head Chef & Kitchen Manager on all relevant information on operational matters
- Undertake any relevant staff training deemed appropriate
- Undertake appropriate first line disciplinary action against members of staff if and when required.
To apply or find out more, please email your application to Recruitment@tregenna-castle.co.uk or post to;
Tregenna Castle Hotel,
We look forward to hearing from you!
Tregenna Castle Hotel is an equal opportunities employer. This means that we will treat every employee with dignity and respect. We strive to be fair and just. We always endeavour to select and retain the best-qualified individuals based upon job-related qualifications and regardless of race, colour, creed, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, pregnancy, sexual preference or political opinion.