- To strategically plan and manage the Reservation, Golf and Meeting and Events sales business through historical, current and forecast information, in order to maximise occupancy, revenue and yield in line with company procedure
- To encourage and develop team, to ensure that all legal and company standards are being met.
These indicators are what the Company can expect to see when the role is being performed to the required standard.
To grow and develop Hotel client base, achieving and maximising rooms budget.
To ensure that all sales enquiries are dealt with in a proactive manner, and converted to confirmed bookings, to the agreed company standards using the sales conversations, core standards.
· To ensure that the Company standard chase system is updated and utilised for all live enquiries, existing clients and potential new business.
· To convert business and generate sales through show rounds.
· Using client history try to gain back previous business, through follow calls, etc.
· Ensure that guest history in the front of house system is up-to-date through regular reviewing. Therefore, enables to be used in sales activities throughout the year.
· Ensure that both rooms, golf and conference business is being logged daily, weekly and monthly by both teams.
· To ensure that all Meeting and Events organisers, and any VIP guests are met on arrival and departure, in order to ensure good customer relations and establish future business opportunities.
· To develop with Reservations, Whitefield’s Golf Club and M&E a year planner, therefore identifying and managing seasonal peaks and business trends. Therefore, maximising yield, and achieving room’s budget.
· Identify market trends and co-ordinate sales activities accordingly.
· To complete an ongoing SWOT analysis of competitor hotels. To be involved in any professional local hotelier groups.
· To take an active role in annual budgeting process and development of the Sales Action Plan.
· To ensure that a professional appearance and manner, is shown to all visitors, resulting in positive PR both internally and externally of the Revenue team.
Ensure all departmental administration is undertaken to required standard.
· To communicate and share knowledge with other hotel departments, on a regular basis.
· To ensure that all incoming and outgoing correspondence is dealt with correctly and efficiently.
· To ensure that the M&E team produce and distribute the weekly events sheet on the agreed day of the week, and that any amendments are sent to all departments as soon as possible.
· To ensure that all brochures, packages and information is up to date and readily available
· To ensure that all events and group bookings have terms and conditions and contracts.
· To maintain a close relationship with the Accounts department to ensure that there is an accurate production of bills, to be sent to the client within 24 hours.
· To be the main point of contact with third party marketing partners such as ‘Journey’ or whoever may replace them.
· To develop and demonstrate the use of sales conversation to effectively sell bedrooms and conferences, maximising occupancy, average rates and yield.
· To understand the hotel’s Business Plan, to play an active role in developing sales strategies and promotions and understand the hotels selling strategy and letting policy. Ensure they are communicated to the Reception team.
· To encourage team to forward sales ideas/ promotions. To help gain their commitment and feedback.
· To identify possible sales leads, and pass to sales team.
· Ensures that the team performs all guest accounting functions according to the Company policies and procedures. Therefore, ensuring all guest accounts are complete and accurate.
To actively promote sales
· Adheres to the Hotels Credit Policy.
· Anticipate guest needs where possible and react to those needs to enhance guest satisfaction.
· Ensure that company and legal standards for cleanliness are maintained within the department.
· Ensure that the team are correctly uniformed in line with company standard and understand the importance of high personal hygiene standard.
· Ensure that the team are punctual, polite, courteous and helpful to guests and colleagues at all times.
· Be fully conversant with the facilities, services and promotions offered by the hotel and whenever appropriate offer this information to the guest.
· Be aware of your responsibility for the security of guest and hotel property.
· Ensure that the company’s brand and service standards are adhered to at all times.
· Carry out and deliver Duty Management.
· To prepare, monitor and check departmental forecasts and rotas to ensure they are in line with set budgets and meet the service and business needs.
· Purchase / order departmental supplies and carry out monthly stocktake and action and discrepancies in line with company standards.
· Maintain financial awareness and understanding of how the role impacts the hotel Profit and loss account and the business as a whole
· Control departmental costs through correct storage and distribution of supplies.
· All issues are dealt with in a fair, reasonable and professional manner abiding by company and legal standards.
· All information is given and recorded according to legislative and company policy and procedures.
· To maintain up to date personal and relevant records to company standards.
· To assist in the activity of quality awards.
· To attend meetings and carry out agreed actions.
To apply or find out more, please email your application to Recruitment@tregenna-castle.co.uk or post to;
Tregenna Castle Hotel,
We look forward to hearing from you!
Tregenna Castle Hotel is an equal opportunities employer. This means that we will treat every employee with dignity and respect. We strive to be fair and just. We always endeavour to select and retain the best qualified individuals based upon job-related qualifications and regardless of race, colour, creed, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, pregnancy, sexual preference or political opinion.